CDC Issues New Warnings
(ReliableNews.org) – It looks like sports are going to be on hold awhile longer. Thanks, coronavirus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are asking that Americans practice lots of social distancing for the foreseeable future.
The new guidelines include the following:
- Avoid groups of 10 or more for at least 15 days.
- If someone in your family has tested positive for COVID-19, everyone needs to quarantine.
- Stay away from nursing homes, long-term care facilities and rehabilitation centers unless you work in one.
- Wash your hands often and do not touch your face, nose, eyes or mouth.
- Stay home as much as possible by limiting your social events and shopping.
- If you are elderly or immunocompromised, stay home.
- Take online schooling when possible.
President Trump said these changes could stretch on for months, even potentially lasting until August. He said that if the American people work together and make changes “we will defeat the virus.”
He also tweeted the new guidelines.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 16, 2020
President Trump wants us to get ahead of the curve, not behind it. By taking these measures we can protect the country’s most vulnerable and then get back to business.
Copyright 2020, ReliableNews.org